Pain can be the result of a physical injury or an emotional issue. Either one can “trap the energy of this experience” in our bodies. Over time this can be destructive to our health and well-being.
We are energetic beings in a physical body. Our cells and tissues hold and respond to energy.
Receiving an energy medicine treatment can be very helpful in gently releasing this trapped energy. This helps to deeply relax the body which promotes the Relaxation Response. When the body is in a relaxed state only then can it “let go” and gives an avenue for the trapped energy to lift off the body. The result is decreased pain and increased emotional health.
The Relaxation Response calms the Sympathetic Nervous System responsible for the “fight or flight” response and opens up the Parasympathetic Nervous System which calms, lowers our heart rate, and promotes healthy activity in our body. Pain, illness, and disease occur when we are in this ”fight or flight” mode too often and the vital energy flow through our bio-system becomes blocked.
Healing Touch, Reiki, Craniosacral, Reflexology, and Light Therapy all help to deeply relax the body, restore the vital energy flow, which in turn will decrease pain and stress and increase one’s emotional well-being.
Energy Medicine helps heal the Body, Mind, & Spirit. This is where true health begins.
Physiological aspects of the Relaxation Response
- Relaxed muscles promote increased blood circulation.
- Increased blood flow elevates oxygen levels and allows nutrients to be absorbed more efficiently.
- Promotes optimal hormone function and enzyme activity.
- The brain releases endorphins which elevate mood and decrease pain.
- Toxins are released from the body.
- The immune system is strengthened.
- A sense of well-being is established.
- All this affects one’s Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual well-being which promotes self-healing.
- The body is programmed to self-heal.
Living in Harmony
I am inspired to reach out to the “Baby Boomers” , the “empty nesters” and anyone else out there who’s interested. I have a lot to say about what I’ve learned over the years on how to live a healthier, happier and more meaningful life. Subscribe to my blog to have it delivered to your inbox along with special events and happenings.